Asheville, North Carolina Vacation Specials from ABBA
Holiday Lodging Package from the Inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Features Local Shopping Discounts and Home-baked Holiday Cookies
Asheville, N.C. (Sept. 8, 2014) The 17 inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association (ABBA) announce their first-ever holiday getaway package: Asheville Inn-Sider’s Holiday Package: Stay, Shop & Play Package.
Spend two nights with any of these top-rated inns and receive a curated list of innkeeper-approved Asheville shopping destinations (think local, independent gems). Each inn guest receives a shopping pass good for discounts at 28 unique shopping destinations. And, as a gift from your Innkeeper, guests will receive a package of the innkeeper’s favorite holiday cookies—along with the recipe.
Asheville Inn-Sider’s Holiday Package: Stay, Shop & Play Package Details
Available Nov. 19, 2014 to Thursday, Jan. 3, 2015. Make reservations now.
- 2 night’s lodging at an Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Inn (www.ashevillebba.com) Guests can visit the ABBA website and select the inn that’s right for them. Visitors will find unique destinations that are pet-friendly, inns that cater to gluten-free and other special diets, Victorian or Civil War-era homes, friendly farmhouses and cottages and in-room spa services. Many are within walking distance of downtown. All inns feature a gourmet breakfast each morning. Some inns also host young children. Guests should contact the selected inn for package pricing and availability as inns offer different rates and amenities.
- A guest shopping pass good for discounts at participating merchants and independent shops, galleries, coffee shops, chocolatiers, spas and a foot sanctuary. Visit our list of participants here: Inn-Sider’s List
- Guests must book with the inn to receive the shopping pass.
- And as a special treat, a gift of home baked holiday cookies from the inn of choice along with a printed recipe.
Larry Merrill, owner of Applewood Manor Inn Bed & Breakfast and president of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association, says all shopping destinations were recommended by innkeepers. “Our innkeepers know this area and live here,” Merrill says. “They are the ultimate concierges to the Asheville experience.”
Asheville is known for its National Gingerbread Competition™ at the Omni Resorts Grove Park Inn and the holiday candlelight tours and events hosted at the Biltmore. This package takes the Asheville holiday experience one step further. ABBA invites visitors to Asheville to immerse themselves in one of the county’s most popular mountain cities to pair holiday shopping with pampering from their select inns.
“Our goal is always to provide a unique, inspiring experience for our inn guests. This holiday offering allows us to reach out and share the ‘inn-sider’ experience across Asheville,” Merrill says.
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association is a group of diverse inns located in Asheville, NC and surrounding areas. Each member inn must favorably reflect the Association’s high standards by providing superior quality, ambience, guest service, amenities and outstanding host integrity and hospitality. Visit http://ashevillebba.com. Like ABBA on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AshevilleBBA. Call 877-262-6867 for general inquiries. (This is not a reservations number.) Reservations are handled by each inn or book online. Check availability here: http://ashevillebba.com/our-inns/by-availability.
- A guest shopping pass good for discounts at participating merchants and independent shops, galleries, coffee shops, chocolatiers, spas and a foot sanctuary. Visit our list of participants here:
1. Ad Lib, 25% Discount
2. Artetude Gallery, 5% Discount
3. Asheville’s Salt Cave and Salt Spa, 20% off salt products only
4. Bellagio Biltmore Village, 15% of on all purchases over $125
5. Bellagio Everyday, 15% of on all purchases over $125
6. C and Co., 10% off
7. Chocolate Gems, Free truffle with the purchase of a drink.
8. Dynamite Coffee, 15% on beverage purchase
9. French Broad Chocolate Lounge, One free artisan truffle
10. Grey Line Historic Trolley Tours of Asheville, 5% off adult ticket (purchased at Visitor’s Center)
11. Grovewood Gallery, 10% off 1 item or all jewelry and pottery.
12. Just Ducky Biltmore Village, 10% off one full priced item of choice. Can’t be combined with other offers.
13. Malaprops, 10% off purchases of $50 or more.
14. Mangum Pottery, (Weaverville) 10% off purchase in store/studio
15. Metro Wine, 10% off on any wine purchase
16. Mountain Made, 15% off.
17. New Morning Gallery, 15% on all Christmas Decoration Items
18. Origami Ink, 10% on one item
19. Purl’s Yarn Emporium, Wall Street 10% Discount
20. Roses Garden Shop, 10% Discount
21. Secret Spa at the Belvedere, 20% discount on hour-long facial, hour-long massage, hour-long pedicure (valued at $200)
22. Sensibilities Day Spa, 15% off retail (excluding Eminence skin care and Steph O jewelry)
23. Still Point Wellness, 10% off any services
24. The Cheese Store at The Weinhaus, 20% off any Cheese Store items excluding menu items.
25. The Compleat Naturalist, 10% off
26. The Craft Guild, 15% on one item, except the consignment ones
27. Van Dyke Jewelry and Fine Craft, 5% discount
28. Wake: The Foot Sanctuary & Shop, $30 winter soak for $20
Media Contact: Susan Dosier, 704.993.7871 mob or email@example.com
The Montford Park Players – Theater Under the Stars
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association is proud to be a partner of the Montford Park Players, Asheville’s longstanding Shakespearean Theater troupe…Whether you choose to take a walk-on role in the performance or simply watch you will be treated as a backstage VIP. As part of this package you will receive discounts at nearby restaurants, reserved spots in the best seats in the house, refreshments during the intermission, a signed paperback copy of the play as well as a picture of you and your family with the cast among other treats.
This vacation special offer is exclusive to guests at one of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association inns. Theater schedules can Montford Park Players. The special guest packages are:
Outdoor Theater $18 Adults / $10 Children
Masonic Temple Tour $10 per Person
|Special reserved seating tickets||Private afternoon guided tours of early 20th Century Masonic architecture|
|“Dress Up & Play” – costumed walk-on role||View hand-painted theater props by Thomas Gibbs Moses|
|Lawn Blanket (for couples)||Discover firsthand the secrets of Freemasonry|
|Signed paperback copy of the play script||Free Parking|
|Complimentary Performance specific T-shirt (sizes S – XXL) and complimentary beverage (wine, beer, soda)|
Signature Golf Course Exclusive at Asheville’s Grove Park Inn
Experience the joy and challenge of a famous Donald Ross Signature golf course through our exclusive Guest Golf Package available only to Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association guests. This request must be arranged by your Inn hosts.
Tee times are subject to availability on Fridays and Saturdays. Check out Grove Park Inn golf course.
Savour The Inns of Asheville: An Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Cookbook
Enjoy a special take home treat from your Asheville visit through our Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association Cookbook, “Savour the Inns of Asheville”, which hosts more than 190 recipes from our member inns. Get a copy from your hosts, or buy it in Asheville, at our famous downtown Malaprops Bookstore or at our Chamber of Commerce Asheville Visitors Center gift shop. Each copy is $10.
For more specials please refer to each inns website.