Asheville, North Carolina Vacation Specials from ABBA
The Fall Farms and Artisans Tour Package
Want to experience fall in a different way? Get off the beaten path and revel in the crisp weather and emerging colors. Visit working farms and savor the landscape that has inspired artists for decades. At night, rest in comfort at one of Asheville’s top bed and breakfast destinations.
Asheville, N.C. (May 15, 2015) The 18 inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association (ABBA) are partnering with three Western NC farms, a vineyard and five artisans to give guests a glimpse of a road less traveled—and the discoveries and finds the journey brings. The independent driving tour takes visitors through the Sandy Mush community in Leicester, NC. Farmer and promoter Terri Wells describes Sandy Mush as a “special place where families like mine have farmed for more than 200 years.” She says the area also attracts artists drawn to it because of its remoteness, beauty and sense of place.
ABBA’s Fall Farms and Artisans Tour Package
Available Sept.1 to Nov.15, 2015. Make reservations now.
- Two nights lodging at an Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Inn (ashevillebba.com)Guests will visit the ABBA website and select the inn that’s right for them. Visitors will find unique destinations that are pet-friendly, inns that cater to gluten-free and other special diets, Victorian or Civil War-era homes, friendly farmhouses and cottages and in-room spa services. Many are within walking distance of downtown. All inns provide a gourmet breakfast each morning. Some inns also host young children. Guests should contact the selected inn for package pricing and availability as inns offer different rates and amenities.
- A complimentary picnic lunch to eat at Addison Vineyards. Enjoy a tasting and panoramic mountain views. In September, guests can watch the grape harvest.
- A touring map/guide of Leicester, NC’s Sandy Mush Community of Artisans and Farms. For the best experience, call ahead to your destinations as some operate by appointment only. The Touring Map/Guide will provide specific hours and contact info for each farm and artist.
- After your picnic, enjoy a tasting and complimentary glass at Addison Farms Vineyard and receive 10% off wine purchases. http://www.addisonfarms.net/
- Shop for honey, beeswax candles and pick-your-own blackberries; explore the farm store at Sandy Hollar Farms and receive a 10% discount on purchases. http://sandyhollarfarms.com/about_us
- Meet the pigs raised on the whiskey mash from Troy & Sons (an Asheville whiskey distiller) at Whiskey Pigs. http://www.whiskeypigs.com/ Visitors can buy meat and eggs here and receive a 10% discount.
- Explore the Long Branch Environmental Education Center, a farm designed for research, education and conservation. In addition to seeing solar farm buildings and a tobacco barn, pick up conservation tips and buy apples and cider. http://www.longbrancheec.org/about.html
Tour, shop, and experience a warm welcome at these fine artisan destinations:
- Jones Pottery, the studio of nationally recognized potter Matt Jones http://jonespottery.com/
- The studio for quilter Laurie W. Brown http://cometoleicester.org/artists/ – /laurie-brown/
- Painter Christine Hield at Sky Dance Art http://cometoleicester.org/artists/ – /christine-hield/
- Fiber artist June Hawkins at Sandy Hollar Farms http://cometoleicester.com/Artists/June%20Hawkins%202011%20Leicester%20Artist%20Profile.pdf
- The workshop of broom maker Marlow Gates and photographer Diana Gates http://www.friendswoodbrooms.com/
For more on the package, visit http://ashevillebba.com/abba-exclusives/
Asheville is known for the Biltmore and the city’s energetic local food scene and craft brew culture. This ABBA package takes the Asheville experience one step further.
Traveler’s Tip: Asheville is one of the top fall East Coast destinations in the country. Please make reservations as quickly as you can. Traveling on the weekdays offers a greater selection of rooms as the fall travel season comes closer.
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association is a group of diverse inns located in Asheville, NC and surrounding areas. Each inn must favorably reflect the Association’s high standards by providing superior quality, ambience, guest service, amenities and outstanding host integrity and hospitality. Visit http://ashevillebba.com, like ABBA on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AshevilleBBA. Call 877-262-6867 for information. (This is not a reservations number.) Reservations are handled by each inn or book online. Check availability: http://ashevillebba.com/our-inns/by-availability.
Media Contact: Susan Dosier, 704.993.7871 mob or email@example.com
In Asheville FOOD begins with Breakfast!
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Celebrates Asheville Food and Produce throughout the year
APRIL 2015 IS WESTERN NORTH CAROLINA CHEESE MONTH
In conjunction with the WNC CHEESE TRAIL, the seventeen Bed & Breakfast Inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association have prepared these special packages for our guests. Start your day with a gourmet breakfast featuring some of the delicious cheeses created at Creameries and Farms in Western North Carolina. Enjoy WNC Cheese and other products in dishes prepared for you by our innkeepers. Visit the Creameries to view the cheese making process and tour the farms where the milk is produced. In addition to cheeses and products you may have purchased during your stay, you will receive recipes from your hosts and the members of the WNC Cheese Trail so you can recreate these wonderful dishes at home!
Package consists of
- Two-night stay at any of the 17 Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Inns
- The cheeses made by WNC Cheese Trail Cheesemakers will be served during your stay
- Innkeepers will share recipes of their favorite WNC Cheese Trail Cheesemaker dishes for you to take home.
- WNC Cheese Trail maps are provided in your room, and our innkeepers offer great tips for visiting and enjoying stops along the trail.
WNC Cheese Fest Package, April 24-27
The first Annual Carolina Mountain Cheese Festival takes place Sunday April 26 at Highland Brewery. Plans are evolving but rumor has it that there may be a bicycle powered butter churn, deep exploration of the craft of cheesemaking , hands on workshops, a grilled cheese cook-off with local chefs, and a chance to meet the makers and try the best cheese being made in the south today. For a schedule of events please click here. (Consult with your Innkeeper for events needing pre-registration).
Our Cheese Fest Package includes all of the amenities listed above as well as two passes to the CAROLINA MOUNTAIN CHEESE FESTIVAL.
Media Contact: Susan Dosier, 704.993.7871 mob or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Montford Park Players – Theater Under the Stars
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association is proud to be a partner of the Montford Park Players, Asheville’s longstanding Shakespearean Theater troupe…Whether you choose to take a walk-on role in the performance or simply watch you will be treated as a backstage VIP. As part of this package you will receive discounts at nearby restaurants, reserved spots in the best seats in the house, refreshments during the intermission, a signed paperback copy of the play as well as a picture of you and your family with the cast among other treats.
This vacation special offer is exclusive to guests at one of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association inns. Theater schedules can Montford Park Players. The special guest packages are:
Outdoor Theater $18 Adults / $10 Children
Masonic Temple Tour $10 per Person
|Special reserved seating tickets||Private afternoon guided tours of early 20th Century Masonic architecture|
|“Dress Up & Play” – costumed walk-on role||View hand-painted theater props by Thomas Gibbs Moses|
|Lawn Blanket (for couples)||Discover firsthand the secrets of Freemasonry|
|Signed paperback copy of the play script||Free Parking|
|Complimentary Performance specific T-shirt (sizes S – XXL) and complimentary beverage (wine, beer, soda)|
Signature Golf Course Exclusive at Asheville’s Grove Park Inn
Experience the joy and challenge of a famous Donald Ross Signature golf course through our exclusive Guest Golf Package available only to Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association guests. This request must be arranged by your Inn hosts.
Tee times are subject to availability on Fridays and Saturdays. Check out Grove Park Inn golf course.
Savour The Inns of Asheville: An Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Cookbook
Enjoy a special take home treat from your Asheville visit through our Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association Cookbook, “Savour the Inns of Asheville”, which hosts more than 190 recipes from our member inns. Get a copy from your hosts, or buy it in Asheville, at our famous downtown Malaprops Bookstore or at our Chamber of Commerce Asheville Visitors Center gift shop. Each copy is $10.
For more specials please refer to each inns website.