Asheville, North Carolina Vacation Specials from ABBA
The Fall Farms and Artisans Tour Package
Want to experience fall in a different way? Get off the beaten path and revel in the crisp weather and emerging colors. Visit working farms and savor the landscape that has inspired artists for decades. At night, rest in comfort at one of Asheville’s top bed and breakfast destinations. (As cited in the New York Times)
Asheville, N.C. The 16 inns of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association (ABBA) are partnering with three Western NC farms, a vineyard and five artisans to give guests a glimpse of a road less traveled—and the discoveries and finds the journey brings. The independent driving tour takes visitors through the Sandy Mush community in Leicester, NC. Farmer and promoter Terri Wells describes Sandy Mush as a “special place where families like mine have farmed for more than 200 years.” She says the area also attracts artists drawn to it because of its remoteness, beauty and sense of place.
ABBA’s Fall Farms and Artisans Tour Package:
Available Sept.1 to Nov.15, 2015. Make reservations now.
- Two nights lodging at an Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Inn (ashevillebba.com)Guests will visit the ABBA website and select the inn that’s right for them. Visitors will find unique destinations that are pet-friendly, inns that cater to gluten-free and other special diets, Victorian or Civil War-era homes, friendly farmhouses and cottages and in-room spa services. Many are within walking distance of downtown. All inns provide a gourmet breakfast each morning. Some inns also host young children. Prices range from $140-$424/night plus tax. A two-night minimum is required. Guests should contact the selected inn for package pricing and availability as inns offer different rates and amenities.
- A complimentary picnic lunch to eat at Addison Farm Vineyard. Enjoy a tasting and panoramic mountain views. In September, guests can watch the grape harvest.
- A touring map/guide of Leicester, NC’s Sandy Mush Community of Artisans and Farms. For the best experience, call ahead to your destinations as some operate by appointment only. The Touring Map/Guide will provide specific hours and contact info for each farm and artist.
- After your picnic, enjoy a tasting and complimentary glass at Addison Farms Vineyard and receive 10% off wine purchases. http://www.addisonfarms.net
- Shop for honey, beeswax candles and pick-your-own blackberries; explore the farm store at Sandy Hollar Farms and receive a 10% discount on purchases. http://sandyhollarfarms.com/about_us
- Visit a working farm with pigs, beef cattle, ducks, turkey and chickens (and fresh eggs, too!) when you visit Reeve’s Homeplace Farms. https://www.facebook.com/reeveshomeplacefarm Visitors can buy meat and eggs here and receive a 10% discount. Meats sold here are frozen, so bring your cooler.
- Explore the Long Branch Environmental Education Center, a farm designed for research, education and conservation. In addition to seeing solar farm buildings and a tobacco barn, pick up conservation tips and buy apples and cider. http://www.longbrancheec.org/about.html
Tour, shop, and experience a warm welcome at these fine artisan destinations:
- Jones Pottery, the studio of nationally recognized potter Matt Jones http://jonespottery.com
- The studio for quilter Laurie W. Brown http://cometoleicester.org/artists/ – /laurie-brown
- Painter Christine Hield at Sky Dance Art http://cometoleicester.org/artists/ – /christine-hield
- Fiber artist June Hawkins at Sandy Hollar Farms. (She also owns Sandy Hollar Farms!) http://sandyhollarfarms.com
- Friendswood Brooms, the workshop of broom makers, Ralph and Diana Gates (second generations) and Marlow Gates (first generation and founder). http://www.friendswoodbrooms.com
Asheville is known for the Biltmore and the city’s energetic local food scene and craft brew culture. This ABBA package takes the Asheville experience one step further.
Traveler’s Tip: Asheville is one of the top fall East Coast destinations in the country. Please make reservations as quickly as you can. Traveling on the weekdays offers a greater selection of rooms as the fall travel season comes closer.
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association is a group of diverse inns located in Asheville, NC and surrounding areas. Each inn must favorably reflect the Association’s high standards by providing superior quality, ambience, guest service, amenities and outstanding host integrity and hospitality. Visit http://ashevillebba.com, like ABBA on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/AshevilleBBA. Call 877-262-6867 for information. (This is not a reservations number.) Reservations are handled by each inn or book online. Check availability: http://ashevillebba.com/our-inns/by-availability.
The Montford Park Players – Theater Under the Stars
The Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association is proud to be a partner of the Montford Park Players, Asheville’s longstanding Shakespearean Theater troupe…Whether you choose to take a walk-on role in the performance or simply watch you will be treated as a backstage VIP. As part of this package you will receive discounts at nearby restaurants, reserved spots in the best seats in the house, refreshments during the intermission, a signed paperback copy of the play as well as a picture of you and your family with the cast among other treats.
This vacation special offer is exclusive to guests at one of the Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association inns. Theater schedules can Montford Park Players. The special guest packages are:
Outdoor Theater $18 Adults / $10 Children
Masonic Temple Tour $10 per Person
|Special reserved seating tickets||Private afternoon guided tours of early 20th Century Masonic architecture|
|“Dress Up & Play” – costumed walk-on role||View hand-painted theater props by Thomas Gibbs Moses|
|Lawn Blanket (for couples)||Discover firsthand the secrets of Freemasonry|
|Signed paperback copy of the play script||Free Parking|
|Complimentary Performance specific T-shirt (sizes S – XXL) and complimentary beverage (wine, beer, soda)|
Signature Golf Course Exclusive at Asheville’s Grove Park Inn
Experience the joy and challenge of a famous Donald Ross Signature golf course through our exclusive Guest Golf Package available only to Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association guests. This request must be arranged by your Inn hosts.
Tee times are subject to availability on Fridays and Saturdays. Check out Grove Park Inn golf course.
Savour The Inns of Asheville: An Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association Cookbook
Enjoy a special take home treat from your Asheville visit through our Asheville Bed and Breakfast Association Cookbook, “Savour the Inns of Asheville”, which hosts more than 190 recipes from our member inns. Get a copy from your hosts, or buy it in Asheville, at our famous downtown Malaprops Bookstore or at our Chamber of Commerce Asheville Visitors Center gift shop. Each copy is $10.
For more specials please refer to each inns website.